Belarus to produce TV series showcasing ‘achievements of socio-economic development’

A multi-series feature film “reflecting the achievements of the socio-economic development of the Republic of Belarus” will be produced by order of the Ministry of Culture, the application published on the website claims.

The cost of the series is 3,400,000 Belarusian rubles (about 1.4 million USD). According to the application, no more than 70% of the money will be spent from the national budget, while the remaining 30% is to be attracted from other sources by the producer.

The series has been commissioned by the Ministry of Culture. The production period is from June 2020 to June 2021. It is planned that it will be an 8-series feature film, which will “reflect the achievements of socio-economic development” in Belarus. The producer will decide if it will be a drama, a melodrama, an action or an adventure film.

Each series will last 44 minutes. The language of the film will be Belarusian or Russian with English subtitles.