Ukraine: Battles resumed near Sloviansk


Kyiv authorities call on the civilian population of Sloviansk, Kramatorsk and Krasny Lyman to stay indoors and ‘refrain from approaching the terrorists’ positions’ in order to avoid risks to their life.

Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has announced that the military operation outside the city of Sloviansk is proceeding in an ‘active offensive phase’.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces had destroyed the militants’ roadblocks and engineer installations near the village of Semenivka by 07:45 am, he said.

‘A very intense exchange of fire is underway. Our armored personnel carriers have been hit by the terrorists’ grenade launcher several times near Semenivka. But they have withstood the attack. Well done!’ Avakov said on his Facebook account.

One Ukrainian Armed Forces serviceman was killed and other 13 were injured when illegal armed persons attacked a convoy of Ukraine’s security services heading to the town of Sloviansk, Donetsk region, the head of the Ukrainian Centre for Military and Political Studies and Information Resistance group coordinator, Dmytro Tymchuk, has said.

Tymchuk said on his Facebook account on Tuesday that the Ukrainian security services’ convoy had been moving to Sloviansk from Izium.

‘An armored personnel carrier of the Ukrainian security forces was damaged in the attack. A gun battle ensured. The attack was repelled in the course of the armed clash. One was killed and 13 were injured on the side of the [Ukrainian] security forces,’ he said.

www.belsat.eu/en. following interfax.com.ua

See also
Comments