Local elections in Belarus will take place on February 18, 2018. In total, there will be created 1,309 territorial election commissions, which will include 11,167 people, the Central Election Commission reports.
The application process helped 5,732 citizens to get nominated to the commissions on their own initiative. Working force groups nominated 1,173 persons and public associations nominated 4,101 people, including 161 from the political parties.
Only 34 people representing opposition parties were included in the election commissions:
– 18 people from the Belarusian Left Party “Fair World”
– 4 from the Belarusian Social Democratic Party (Hramada)
– 8 from the United Civil Party
– 4 from the BPF
– 75 people were selected from the Communist Party of Belarus
– 38 people — from the Republican National Accord Party
– 1,819 people will represent the pro-government Federation of Trade Unions, 587 people will be from the republican public association “Belaya Rus”, 528 people from the Belarusian Public Association of Veterans.