Starting next year, the books of our Nobel laureate should be available in the school curriculum. However, as the Ministry of Education explained earlier, Svetlana Alexievich was included in the course of Russian literature.
– Why Russian? The works were included in the program of the Belarusian literature, but in the Russian language, Minister of Education Mihail Zhuraukou sounded surprised, answering questions of kp.by. It will be studied in the 10-11 forms, since he works are very special and fall under a specific category. Children of primary school age, of course, are not recommended to read these works due to their psychologically tense contents.
– Will the Ministry of Education organize lectures by Svetlana Alexievich in Belarusian universities?
– You should ask her, if she is ready.
– Did the Ministry of Education agree with the writer?
– We have not agreed on anything.
belsat.eu, via kp.by