On December 17, the Council of the European Union approved the third package of sanctions against the political regime of Alyaksandr Lukashenka. Another 29 individuals and 7 legal entities fell under the restrictions, the journalist of Radio Liberty report.
The decision was later published in the official EU journal.
The sanctions covered:
– Deputy Prime Minister, former Chairman of the Minsk City Executive Committee Anatoly Sivak,
– Head of Belteleradiocompany Ivan Eismant,
– Chairman of the Hrodna Regional Executive Committee Uladzimir Karanik,
– Chairperson of the Council of the Republic Natallya Kachanava,
– First Deputy Minister of Information Pavel Lyohki,
– Minister of Information Ihar Lutski
– Prosecutor General Andrey Shved,
– Deputy Chairman of the Presidential Property Management Department Henadz Bohdan,
– First Deputy Head of Internal Troops Ihar Burmistrau,
– senior inspector of the FID SCC Artsyom Dunko,
– Head of the Department of Prevention of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Aleh Karazey,
– Head of the Department of Law Enforcement of the Main Department of Law Enforcement and Prevention of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Dzmitry Kuryan,
– Chairman of the Minsk Region Executive Committee Alyaksandr Turchyn,
– Deputy Head of the Department for Mass Events of the Main Internal Affairs Directorate of the Minsk City Executive Committee Dzmitry Shumilin,
– Deputy Chief of the Public Security Police of Hrodna Vitaly Stasyukevich,
– Head of the Sovetsky District Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk Syarhei Kalinik,
– Head of the Molodechno District Department of Internal Affairs Vadzim Pryhara,
– Deputy Head of the Sovetsky District Department of Internal Affairs of Minsk Viktar Stanislauchyk,
– judges Andrey Lahunovich, Alena Litsvina, Alyaksandr Petrash, Viktoryia Shabunya, Alena Zhyvitsa, Natallia Dzyadkova, Maryna Fedarava, Yulia Hustyr, Alena Nyakrasava,
– businessmen close to Lukashenka: Alyaksandr Shakutsin and Mikalai Varabei.
Also, 7 legal entities were blacklisted: Beltechexport, Dana Holdings / Dana Astra, Presidential Property Management Department, Synesis, Agat, 140th Repair Plant, MZKT.
The first sanctions package was approved by the EU on October 2, with 40 representatives of the Lukashenka regime listed there. The second package was adopted on November 6 – then the restrictions were introduced personally against Alyaksandr Lukashenka, as well as 14 high-ranking officials.